The African American Leadership Forum has a holistic vision for our community, where individuals are healthy and our communities sustain a sense of wellbeing. Targeting key health disparities will help bring about individual and community wellness.
We are working to:
- Increase awareness of how our choices affect our health, and the health of our community.
- Ensure that the promises of health care reform result in improved health for African Americans.
- Help individuals address stress and resolve trauma.
- Bridge the health gap for African Americans, eliminating all disparities in the areas of smoking, obesity, and mental health by 2020.
- Address issues of racism in health care in the Twin Cities.
- Help our community to heal.
Meeting cycle: 3rd Monday of each month
Meeting time: 11am-1pm
Location: Open Cities Health Center, 409 Dunlap Street St. Paul, MN 55104